If you're reading this, you probably weren't expecting to arrive here and probably aren't planning to stay. Regardless, if you're curious, here is a list of basic things about myself. As the list progresses, some of the later items may seem less relevant than earlier items. I acknowledge and take full responsibility for their irrelevance:
1. I'm 18 years old. I look like that picture of me on my profile, only less tan because it's winter and I don't leave the house anymore.
2. I'm really into things like writing and reading.
3. I have the ability to play the piano. I stopped taking lessons when I was 15. The last pieces of music I learned how to play were "American Pie" and "Theme from Schindler's List." That's really where I peaked. You can infer what you want from that combination of music.
4. I also play field hockey. Or used to play field hockey. I could brag about how good I am at field hockey.
I am good at field hockey.
5. I've seen Wicked four times on two different continents. That usually comes up at some time or another and usually includes me holding up four fingers on one hand and two on another to demonstrate how many times and on how many continents I have seen said show.
6. I have a small dog named Ruby. She is cute and wonderful and easier to deal with than most humans. Minus the fact that she chews necessary things like my underwear.
7. I'm currently trying to get into to college. Next year, I'll study English and international relations or something of that sort at some private school. I've been admitted to six so far...
8. I love Justin Timberlake. He is by far the most superior Justin in pop culture today.
9. My favorite band is Vampire Weekend, my favorite book is The Art of Racing in the Rain.... The Art of Fielding comes in close second. My favorite color is purple and my favorite number is
11. I love the rain. But I hate the cold. I get cold when it's 60 degrees outside. My best cure for being cold is an electric blanket. Literally the best defense against chilly feet in the wintertime.
12. I love to read magazines. I keep every magazine I've ever owned. My favorite is Vanity Fair. It is my life goal to one day work for this magazine.
13. Liquid eyeliner is, in my opinion, every girl's best friend and a makeup staple.
14. I've been to England and Spain and various states/Caribbean islands... I love to travel, and am really interested in living and studying abroad.
15. Nothing boosts my morale like prom dresses.
16. I spend more time at school than I do at home. Recently, I had a lead in our musical Pippin. I like being involved in drama club and mock trail, and abhor every second that I must dedicate to National Honor Society.
17. My favorite place in the world is York Beach, Maine.
18. I love Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She is my favorite First Lady & style icon by far.
19. I generally love the Kennedy's, and would really like to be one.
20. I live in a very small suburban town, but I aspire to live in the city. Maybe New York City? Because I like to imagine myself as a young Carrie Bradshaw. Sadly, that dream was destroyed when the CW gave Anna Sophia Robb the job and really just ruined my young Sex and the City fantasies.
21. I still listen to CD's, write letters, and keep a journal. I love This American Life and NPR. I also refuse to wear Ugg boots and lack an iPhone. So I'm kind of anti-stereotypical teenage girl?
22. But I love Glee and cry when I see a cute puppy so forget that.
23. I don't have a favorite movie. But I love Chicago, The Shining, 13 Going on 30, Little Miss Sunshine, and Sunshine Cleaning. So I guess maybe I kind of have a favorite movie.
And miscellaneous things:
My favorite class in school is AP English, I don't discriminate when it comes to fruits and vegetables or any food for that matter because I eat everything, I like running but hate thinking about doing it, my favorite accessory is a rose gold Fossil watch, my closet staple is my black leather jacket from Banana Republic, I can't cook an egg properly to save my life, Emily Dickinson is my favorite poet (I'm also taking an interest in Allen Ginsberg), I am probably going to die of mercury poisoning from the amount of sushi I eat, and I should be writing a research paper on Thurgood Marshall but I'm putting it off like nobody's business.